Friday, March 7, 2014

Monkey Leggings



When Terra posted the call for testers for the Monkey Leggings I'll be honest, I hesitated.  I think they're SUPER cute on babies (and they do only go up to a size 5T) but I just wasn't sure about them for older kids.  Zane wear's a 3T but he's out of diapers and I'm not sold on them for boys if they're not in diapers still.  After I hesitated for a few seconds though I signed up anyway!  I mean...Terra's Treasures patterns are ALWAYS awesome and even if they weren't something I thought she'd be wearing out of the house they'd be great for some fun lounge wear or even for wearing under dresses! 

And that bum panel....be still my upcycle loving heart!!!  *swoon*
 



Now, if you've been around long at all you won't be surprised to see that when I gave Grace a choice she picked Toy Story for her bum panel.  I cut out the pattern and got to work.  Seriously a fast sew!  Like...15 minutes flat fast sew probably.  There is a tapered fit and a "straight" leg fit.  They're both more fitted like leggings though.  This pattern has three pieces and BAM!  Done. 


We grabbed Jessie and went out for some photos... and the more photos I took...

The more I changed my mind about this pattern on older girls!  I love it!!!  I think it's totally adorable and fun for playing.  No restricted movement here!


The pattern has both full length and capri cut lines as well.  


Grace and Jessie both approve and I see more of these in our future!

Thanks for another great pattern Terra!  


Oh, and if you don't sew but want your own pair...keep an eye on facebook tomorrow because I think I'll be listing some Ready to Ship ones! 

And one last one lest you think she really doesn't have any eyes... ;)


No comments: